Friday, August 29, 2014

Brief Update of Various Topics


Hello again!

Just jumping on this afternoon to update about a few things before I forget.

1) I woke up to tremors from an earthquake today! I looked into it, and it was a 5.6 magnitude quake out in the waters somewhat near Crete (so pretty far from here). My bed shook two separate times for different lengths of time and it really freaked me out! I am still adjusting to sounds and other sense-affecting things here, so my mind didn't immediately jump to earthquake which is why I was so freaked at what else it could have possibly been. Haha. But all is very much well. Absolutely no damage here, just quite an experience to share!

2) It is now REALLY official that I am working at ACS Athens. So that's pretty cool. See?!



3) I just thought I'd share with you all that the whole not throwing the toilet paper into the toilet thing is not as difficult as I thought it would be! It is still definitely very different feeling to me, and still seems a bit weird, but it has been nice to realize that it is not as awful as I worried it would be.

4) As people at the school are already beginning to discuss Thanksgiving vacation plans, it is finally really setting in that this will be my first Thanksgiving away from home. During undergrad, I had missed a couple Easters because timing did not work out, but never a Thanksgiving or Christmas. I can already tell you that I am going to miss all of my family's delicious Thanksgiving foods very much... and all of my family of course! I'm going to have to come up with something fun to do or some place to travel as a way of making myself feel better for not being able to be home!

5) The four of us Wheelock ladies are going to the island of Poros tomorrow morning, spending the night, and then returning late Sunday night as our little getaway for this long weekend. I am so excited! I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to post upon our return. :)

Well I think that's all for now! Emily and I are using leftover pesto pasta and some more amazingly fresh veggies to make a stir-fry for dinner tonight. Yum!

Γειά σας (Yiá sas), that means "goodbye" for now! (Fun fact: It also means hello. Haha.)

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment