Sunday, August 24, 2014

IT'S ONLY BEEN THREE DAYS?!


As I began thinking of a title for this post, it struck me that it has only been THREE full days since arriving in Athens. We have done so much and learned so much in so little time, it feels like it has been weeks already!

I am very fortunate to have had wifi in the apartment since day (night) 1, so I have been able to stay in close touch with my family and friends. I am so grateful for that. It has also allowed me to frequently add photos to my Facebook and post here! I am very glad to be able to do this for all of you, as well as for myself and my memory down the road!

The pictures included with this post are from Syntagma Square, and the 3 island day cruise to Poros, Hydra, and Aegina today! It was overwhelmingly beautiful, and needless to say, my phone is already yelling at me for pushing my storage limit. Haha. So there will be more pictures from today to come once my friend has wifi to send them to me! The two places towards the end of today's photos are from the Church of Agios Nektarios (Saint Nectarious) and the Temple of Aphaea.

The other humorous update is that my group and I are still struggling to grasp the Greek language. I know we have quite some time, but we are trying to get the basics sooner than later and it has been comical. The locals find us very funny because we don't pronounce things properly apparently. Or we attempt to speak the language and they laugh and speak back in English. Hopefully this will get better. Especially after the ordeal Emily and I had trying to order and receive our pizza and salad tonight!

Overall, it has been fascinating seeing so much of Greece and learning so much in so little time. I feel like I am getting my footing more and more each day.

-Brittany










































No comments:

Post a Comment